All of us love when our skin is glowing and happy but there are things that can come in the way of that. You can end up having dark spots or blemishes on your skin that you might be wanting to get rid of. Natural remedies take too long and in this case, your best bet would be to go for a good skin whitening cream. So what exactly is skin whitening? Skin whitening, which is also called skin lightening is basically when you bleach your skin by using a treatment which involves a mixture of ingredients that work to lighten your skin color. The ingredients which are usually present in a skin whitening cream work naturally to stop the production of melanin so that your skin starts lightening over time.
What causes the skin to darken?
The main reason as to why skin darkens is because of an excess of melanin production. Unfortunately, it is a lot more complicated than that because there are reasons why melanin is produced excessively. One of the main reasons for this is being exposed too much to the sun. It can damage your skin because the sunlight is concentrated on simply that spot. Apart from this acne and hormonal changes can also be responsible for this.
Problems caused by an increase in melanin
- Acne scars that stick around for a long time.
- Liver spots or age spots that darken over time.
- Hyperpigmentation in certain areas of the skin.
- Wrinkles and dark circles.
- An uneven skin tone which is the most common symptom.
These problems can only get worse with time and the dark spots will only darken with time if your body is producing too much melanin. That is exactly why you should choose to go for a skin whitening cream so that you can clear up your skin.
Why you should go for skin whitening creams?
- If you want to lighten your skin or remove dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- If you want a quick solution to lightening your skin.
- If you want an inexpensive option since most therapies are very expensive.
- If you want natural ingredients that work just as good as synthetic ones.
There are ways to attain a lighter skin
Although there are many possible ways to get lighter skin, it is important that you go for treatments that lighten skin instead of creating the opposite effect. The only way to do this is by going for natural products. Products that have harsh chemicals will also have a harsh effect on your skin. A good skin whitening cream has a perfect blend of certain ingredients along with a bleaching ingredient that lightens your skin and moisturizes it. The main ingredients used in most creams include hydroquinone or Kojic acid. Hydroquinone is the most commonly used and has proved to be effective in a span of 4-5 weeks if used regularly and within a limit.
Treatments to Lighten your Skin
- Over the counter products: These creams can easily be purchased but there are so many of them that it is possible to get confused and end up buying the wrong one. There might be some creams that claim quicker results but the results might only be temporary. Not to mention, that these creams can have harsh chemicals which can end up completely darkening your skin in the long run or having even harsher effects by storing mercury in your body. 4% of Hydroquinone works best when it comes to lightening creams.
- Natural skin whitening products or remedies: This usually includes creams or remedies that require completely natural products such as Vitamin-E, lemon juice or masks that are meant to be applied on the skin. There is no guarantee of these ever working and most people give up because of how slowly it works.
Skin whitening creams aren’t harmful to your skin when used within limits and used as suggested. Too much of something is never good. If you really want to see results in a safe way, it is important that you check the ingredients first and then use as suggested.