What is Hydroquinone?
Hydroquinone is an important ingredient that is used in almost every skin bleaching or lightening cream. But what exactly is hydroquinone? Hydroquinone is an organic compound that is taken from benzene. Only 4% is used in skin lightening creams. The way that this works is that it stops or blocks the enzyme that produces melanin (a pigment that continues to deposit in our skin to give a darker tone) and therefore the discoloration or dark skin eventually lightens or fades. It is one of the most effective ingredients that can be found in a good skin lightening cream. What is even better is that it is FDA approved!
These creams are usually chosen by people who suffer from hyperpigmentation or discoloration that is caused by exposure to the sun or other factors such as acne or hormonal changes.
Here is the list of 10 Best Hydroquinone Creams with 2% & 4% Concentration
Disclaimer: This list of products may contain up to 4% hydroquinone or less
Remaining 5 Hydroquinone 4 creams
1. Porcelain Skin Whitening Serum:
2. Rozge Skin Whitening Cream:
3. Alpha Skin Care Dual Action Skin Lightener:
4. Organic Vitamin C Serum:
Hydroquinone is also said to be harmful, what makes it harmful?
The truth is that there is no actual evidence to prove that Hydroquinone is harmful to humans but there are a few side minor side effects that can occur which include dryness or redness of the skin but this is only if your skin is sensitive. It was seen to have caused cancer in animals and this is why it is banned in many countries. There was also a rare case called Ochronosis that occurred in which there was an increase in pigmentation and the skin started to darken. However, this was seen when the ingredient was used excessively and in high concentrations. That is why most lightening creams stick to a small but effective amount of 4%.
Hydroquinone is very useful for skin bleaching when used correctly
If you use this ingredient properly, that is in the form of a skin lightening cream it will only take you a couple of weeks in order for you to see the difference. Skin lightening creams can be sold over the counter without any prescription. You can easily find a good one and start using it with dedication.
How much concentration of it can be used?
According to FDA approval, you can use anywhere from 2-4% but not more than that. Any more can damage your skin. If you use any more than that, there are higher chances of you breaking out in acne or rashes. Itching also is a common side effect, so it is best that you check the ingredients on the cream before you start to use it. If you use it every day, then there is no doubt that you should be able to see results within the first few weeks.
Advantages to using hydroquinone creams:
- You can expect quick results: Since it is a bleaching agent you can expect results in a few weeks. You can try out a cream that works for you and then test it out by making a note or taking a picture in order to spot the differences. Even if it does take a bit longer for you, it will definitely work. It beats going for a harsher treatment that requires weeks just for recovery!
- You can use it for a variety of lightening: This cream can be used for bleaching, lightening stretch marks and fading dark spots anywhere on your body.
- Your skin is hydrated with it: Since it is similar to a normal lotion, it can be applied daily and it keeps your skin soft and smooth apart from doing its job of lightening your skin.
- There are minor side effects: There is no gain without pain! There are mild side effects that you might encounter which will clear up as soon as the treatment is over. You might experience a bit of itchiness or dryness especially if your skin is sensitive.
When it comes to using hydroquinone creams, it is important to realize that the results might be slow or quick depending on each person. If you do end up having any side effects, be sure that they will clear up once the treatment is over. However, by the end of the entire process, the dark spots or patches will eventually fade. It is important to be patient and strong if you want something good.