What are Birthmarks?
The birthmarks are a congenital irregularity which appears on the skin. The irregularities are caused during the birth of a child or shortly after birth. The birthmarks may appear anywhere on the body which is caused due to melanocytes, overgrowth of blood vessels and imbalance in skin cells. The birthmarks can appear anytime and anywhere on the body. It is always important to find how to get rid of birthmarks naturally so that it does not harm your skin in any manner.
Types of Birthmarks
There are two types of Birthmarks
- Vascular Birthmarks
- Pigmented Birthmarks
Vascular birthmarks are caused due to overgrowth or abnormal growth of blood vessels, some may appear to be like pink color patches or form like a tumor which can be of any size. There is a chance that it may become bigger in size at later stages of life. The patches can be seen on the face, back, eyelids and many other places of the body. For this type of vascular birthmarks, you have to opt for a laser treatment. There is always a minor chance that these tumors can turn to be cancerous so it needs to be treated at the earliest through steroid treatment, laser therapy or surgery. For any type of Vascular Birthmarks, it is advised to consult a dermatologist and go ahead with the treatment.
Vascular Birthmark Removal Cost
As per the studies, the laser treatment for vascular birthmarks can vary $150-$400 per session. Most patients require four to six sessions to treat the vascular birthmarks.
They are caused due to the overproduction of pigmentation in the skin cells. The melanin pigment is overproduced from the body when your skin is exposed to the sun. These birthmarks are usually brown in color. Pigmented birthmarks may go away on its own by the time the child reaches 10 years of age. Some may not go away and become darker at the later stages of life. For this type of pigmented birthmarks, you may use some excellent natural remedies or a birthmark removal cream which can help you get rid of birthmarks naturally. For this type of birthmarks, you don’t need any kind of treatment. Just check out the natural remedies which are mentioned below.
How To Get Rid of Birthmarks?
There are different ways to get rid of birthmarks
Pigmented birthmarks, you can go ahead with natural home remedies or natural birthmark removal cream which can help you get rid of birthmarks. These birthmarks can fade away in a couple of days, these remedies can lighten your skin and disappear the appearance of birthmarks on your skin. There is one most commonly known pigmented birthmark which is known as a mole which can be in round shape or any other shape.
Vascular birthmarks, these birthmarks should be treated after consulting a dermatologist. Based on the requirement you may be suggested to go for the steroid treatment, laser therapy or surgery for the removal of the vascular birthmarks. These birthmarks cannot be treated naturally as the vascular birthmarks can be removed only with the help of a treatment.
Natural Remedies to Treat Pigmented Birthmarks
We have herewith enclosed the natural remedies which are used to treat dark patches which are caused due to sun damage.
- Olive Oil: Dip a cotton ball in the olive oil and apply it on the birthmark. Leave it for a couple of minutes and clean it with warm water and pat dry. Use this procedure daily until the birthmark fades.
- Lemon: You can use lemon juice or lemon slice and apply directly on the birthmarks. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. The citric acid present in lemon can be helpful in lightening the birthmarks. Use this procedure daily until you see the results.
- Ice Pack: Apply Ice pack directly on the birthmark.
- Vitamin E: Use vitamin E cream on the birthmark, leave it for a couple of minutes and clean with warm water. Repeat this step daily for better results.
- Tomato: You can use tomato juice or tomato slice and apply directly on the birthmarks. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Use this procedure daily until you see the results.
- Kojic Acid Soap: You can use kojic acid soap to lighten the dark patches of your birthmarks.
- Papaya: Papaya has a pigment called papain which really helps in reducing the appearances of dark patches of birthmarks. You may use fresh papaya fruit or a papaya soap to treat birthmarks.